Episode 64: The Spring 40K FAQ
In this episode, we talk about the spring 2018 40K FAQ. We discuss this new era of 40K that we are playing, one in which an FAQ can cause some dramatic changes to the game. We also spend time talking about the new rules and what they mean for building and playing your army. Finally, we talk about what these changes might mean for the game moving forward.
In the beginning, there were Indexes. The game was simple, with very few restrictions or exceptions to the rules.
After five Storm Ravens dominated, there was the “Boots on the ground” rule. GW was not afraid to make changes to the game quickly to help balance it for matched play.
Are we playing a “beta” ruleset? Shouldn’t the game be good when its launched?
Is this the most playtested edition or not?! How much influence do the playtesters have?
Do tournaments and events “dictate” changes to the game?
Beta versus Final rules
- Psychic Focus, Targeting Characters
- Battle Brothers
- Tactical Reserves
List Building FAQs
- More CP from Battalion and Brigades
- “Rule of 3” for “organized play”
- Points changes
Rule Book FAQs
- Ignoring wounds
- Moving after “arriving from reserves”
- Persistent effects of models leaving and coming back
- Fly moves diagonally
- No room on a level of a building = failed charge
- Intercepting reserve units
- No Fire and Fade into transports
What does all this mean for the game?
Adapting to change
Unwritten Rule of 40K
Roll your dice where you opponent can see it and always declare your intent.