Episode 41: Surviving Change in 40K
In this episode, we talk about adapting to change in Warhammer 40k, especially big change like an edition change. We discuss why change can be hard for 40k players, what are some things to remember when you are faced with change, and some specific things you can do to make the best of it.
Why is change hard with 40k?
- You put a lot of time and care into this hobby; building, painting, learning. There is an emotional attachment.
- Changes in the past would last a long time.
- It’s a complicated game and changes can have big impact.
How 40k changes
The story of Warhammer 40K evolves.
The gameplay or core rules can drastically change with new editions.
Your army changes with new codices or rules
The hobby changes with the release of new models .
Tips for change
- Let go of how good it used to be.
- Accept it.
- Set new goals and go after them. What do you want to get out of 40k?
- Focus on controlling your own actions. What can YOU do to adapt?
- See the positive and embrace the possibilities.
Changing with 40K
How to be prepared for changes in 40K
- Expand your army
- Pick up a second army
- Don’t sell off units because they are under powered, they can always come back
What happens when change happens:
- Read up on the changes and try out what you are used to and have models for.
- Play games and learn from your mistakes
- Be prepared to branch out your army; it’s a chance to get new things!