Episode 78: Imperial Knights Part 2
In this episode, we finish our discussion on Imperial Knights. In part 1, we talked about the history of knights, the different households, and each of the Knight units. In this podcast episode, we talk about the Forgeworld Knights, how to play knights, their strengths on the tabletop, the weaknesses of knights, and how to play against knights. We also have a new hobby segment on demystifying the airbrush; this time we talk about blending colors.
Forgeworld Knights interview with Grayson.
How to Play Knights
All knight army or allied in an Imperium army?
Strengths of Knights
- Big model, easy to get LOS
- Tough to kill (especially Taranis) and can command sections of the board
- Very lethal in melee and at range
- Intimidating model
- Great flexible stratagems
Tips and tricks for playing knights.
Can you win with an all knight army?
Weaknesses of Knights
- Don’t have fly, can’t move through terrain
- Big model and cannot hide out of LOS
- Don’t often benefit from cover
- No invulnerable in melee
- Don’t have a way to generate Mortal wounds easily
- Very streaky weapons; can have a poor or great turn depending on dice rolls and no easy source of re-rolls
- CP hogs; with the FAQ on CP regen, they often run out early
How to take advantage?
- Invul saves work well against them
- Strong Melee characters
- Move blocking and terrain.
Getting Started with Knights
Building your Knight army; Renegade boxed set!
Hobby with Knights
Hobby Segment with Colin
Figopeia by Jeremie Bonamant Teboul
Infinity: Painting Miniatures from A to Z by Angel Giraldez Masterclass Vol 1
Patreon Page: The Battlehosts