Episode 104: Psychic Awakening Part 1
In this episode, we cover how Psychic Awakening; Phoenix Rising and Faith and Fury has changed Eldar and Chaos Space Marines. Both of these factions now have new options that are pretty good on the tabletop as a result of these books plus the points changes in Chapter Approved. We discuss the rules in both volumes of Psychic Awakening and talk about some of the units and interesting combinations you should try in your next game.
What are the Psychic Awakening books?
Chapter Approved had many points reductions that helped both Eldar and Chaos factions.
Craftworld Eldar (Asuryani) and Dark Eldar (Drukhari) and Ynnari full set of rules.
Aspect Warrior Shrines:
- Dire Avengers Bladestrom
- Dark Reapers Rapid Shot and Rain of Death
- Swooping Hawks Swooping Barrage
- Shining Spears: Skilled rider
- Crimson Hunters: Hawkeye and Evade
- Expert Crafters: With Eldar having high quality but low volume shots with many weapons, this makes a BIG difference.
- Masters of Concealment (cover outside of 12”)
- Masterful Shots (ignores cover)
- Children of Prophecy (Psychic test 1s are 2s)
- Headstrong (add 1 to charge roll)
- Children of Open Skies (+2” to advance fly units)
Runes of Fortune
- Replaces Smite
- Focus Will (make it impossible to fail a psychic test with FAQ)
- Ghostwalk (+3 to charge with Headstrong)
- Impair Senses
Kabal and Wych Cult Obsessions are not as good as the codex ones.
Haemonculus Coven Obsessions
More than any other, Prophets of Flesh is a no-brainer always take choice, but..
- Artists of the Flesh (Venoms/Raiders)
- Experimental Creations (Venom/Raiders)
- Hungry for flesh
- Dark Technomancers
Many of these work GREAT for Venoms or Raiders, so Artists of the flesh make them wave serpents, for example. Experimental Creations and Dark Technomaners are a great combo for increasing firepower
White Dwarf rules are now in book form, but the best use of them seems to be add on characters to other Eldar lists, they can be added without causing any problems. Yvraine for example is a great source of mortal wounds while the Yncarne went down in points and is a great addition as a psychic/melee threat.
Faith and Fury
Chaos Space marines got Malicious Volleys (bolter discipline) and Hateful Assault (+1 attach first turn of combat).
A LOT of points drops in Chapter Approved, just about everything.
Super cool weapons to replace weapons, but will not be able to use on a 1, so better on Chaos Lords than on Daemon princes.
- Exalted Posession on a deamon prince
- Malific Tome
- Ashen Axe
- Malevolent Covenant
- Apostle of the Dark Council
- Revered Host: possessed “bomb”, plus an Exalted possessed HQ?
- Hexxagramatic Ward
- One with the shadows
- Talons of the night terror
- Misery of the meek
- Vox Scream with fast units like Helldrakes
- We have come for you
- Raptor Strike
- Master of Diversion
- Faceless Commander
- Hydra’s Wail
- Scrambled Coordinates
- Siege Master
- Mecha Tendrils
- Methodical Annihilation
- Tank Hunters
- Cannon Fodder
- Dour Duty
- Rampant Techno-virus
- Cannon Fodder
- Loathsome Grace
- Raiment repulsive
- Armor of abhorrence
- Combat Elixirs
- Honour the prince
- Violent Urgency
- Banner of Rage
- Red Butchers
- Stoke the nails
- Kill! Maim! Burn!
Patreon Page: The Battlehosts
Logo Design: Isaac White Design