Episode 13: The Assault Phase Part 2
In this episode, we conclude our discussion of the Assault Phase in 40k. We talk math hammer and assault and how to figure out what your units should and should not assault. We also talk about how to build an effective assault unit.
You should always know what your assault unit can do in assault
Formula: Probability to hit * probability to wound * probability to fail save * probability to fail FNP/Reanimation
Example: 5 Assault marines assaulting a 3 man Eldar Scatter bike squad
Some units are very very fragile in assault; low strength, low attacks, low initiative, or low armor saves
Morale plays a big part in assault.
- Anything that has a lot of attacks is dangerous
- Bypassing a save is a bonus
- Stomp is very powerful; no roll to hit, chance to remove models
- Low S is hard to make work
- Hit and run is really powerful!
- Watch for High Initiative attacks
- Gargantuan creatures/walkers