Episode 51: Space Marines Part 2
In this episode, we finish our discussion of the Adeptus Astartes or Space Marines. We talk about the Primaris Space Marines, including their background, units and how they play in the game. We also go into a deeper discussion on the Space Marine stratagems, psychic powers, relics, and warlord traits. We talk about each of the codex Space Marine chapters and we end our podcast talking about list building.
A brief history of Primaris Marines in the Warhammer 40K universe.
Primaris Marine units and their roles in the game.
Space Marine Attributes
Space Marine Chapters
A brief history of each chapter.
Chapter tactics, stratagems, warlord trait, and relics.
Strengths and weaknesses of the chapter; what does it do well?
What kinds of units does this chapter favor?
- Iron Hands
- White Scars
- Imperial Fists
- Black Templars
- Crimson Fists
Playing Space Marines
Strengths of Space Marines:
- Lots of access to aura buffs and re-rolls within the army
- Durable army and in small units they are largely immune to morale
- Lots of models to draw from and a well supported range, especially Forgeworld
- Wide range of weapons and options
- Imperium Keyword
Weaknesses of Space Marines
- Basic marine is still expensive compared to other troop choices, you pay for the durability. It is a semi-elite army.
- Assault is only decent outside of a few units.
- Range can be a problem for the bulk of their firepower,
- Mobility is only average
Building a list
What kinds of lists can you build with Space Marines?
How are Space Marines doing competitively?